Tuesday 5 July 2011

Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, June 27

Mon, 06/27/2011 by Karen | Posted in: Just For Fun

You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past three years, which I guess makes this somewhere around Vol. 174. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
Mood:

Pretty good. I mean, it is Monday, but I just had a cup of coffee and cleaned off my desk, so things are looking up.

When did you first understand the meaning of heartbreak?

I was 14, with my first case of puppy love, and had just broken up with my boyfriend. Looking back, I was probably too young to be dating at all, but I can still remember how I felt every time we’d see each other around after the split — like something stole the air out from under me and knocked the wind out of my chest. My world had been shaken, and it took me a long time to recover.

What was your all-time favorite vacation?

The trip El Hub and I took to Europe in 2005. We crammed four countries into 14 days — England, France, Spain and Portugal. It was an exhilarating, exhausting time, and it was on that trip, one night in a small, candlelit dining room at a bed and breakfast in Northern Spain, that El Hub got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. :)

Platform shoes: yea or nay?

Yea, but it totally depends. I can’t hang with platforms taller than 2.5 inches (disaster waiting to happen).

Do you prefer ice cream cups or cones?

How about one of each? Okay, if I have to pick one, I’ll take a cup, please. Less mess.

Would you rather text, call or e-mail?

These days I’d rather call. I’m a slow texter, and I’m already overwhelmed with email.

When was your last haircut?

April, and I’m way overdue. My bangs are out of control!

Someone who changed your life?

Believe it or not, Tabs. After leaving home for school and spending years without a pet, I’d forgotten how wonderful life with a a furry companion can be.

Your favorite healthy snack?

Frozen grapes! Especially on hot days. They’re low-cal and almost as satisfying as ice cream and froyo (almost).

Weekly goals:

I didn’t take good care of myself last week. Not enough exercise or water, and too many snacks. I have to do better this week, hook or crook, and I’m going to try to get to bed by 10 every night (okay, 10:30).

I knew today was going to be a great day when I checked my email and found this adorable picture…

Meet Sweet Pea, the kitty who lives with MBB reader Amber. Notice how she’s snuggling with Amber’s tube of MAC Lipglass in Evolution Revolution? Clearly, Sweet Pea is a cat of impeccable taste. :)

If you catch your cat (or dog/hamster/turtle or other animal friend) modeling with your tube of EvRev, send me a pic by e-mail to karen at makeupandbeautyblog dot com, or via Facebook or Twitter. They just might appear in future MBB pet modeling jobs.

Now, on with the Monday Poll!

To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.

1. Mood:
2. When did you first understand the meaning of heartbreak?
3. What was your all-time favorite vacation?
4. Platform shoes: yea or nay?
5. Do you prefer ice cream cups or cones?
6. Would you rather text, call or e-mail?
7. When was your last haircut?
8. Someone who changed your life?
9. Your favorite healthy snack?
10. Weekly goals:

If you promise to have a good week, I’ll do the same. Pinky swear!

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen


View the original article here


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

No comments:

Post a Comment