Sunday 31 July 2011

Sun Exposure: Dangers And Facts

Sun Exposure: Dangers And FactsBest skin care for summer only seems to be an easy task. I guess you already got convinced in that in my previous post. You have to do your best to bring your skin beauty tips and health tips into full harmony if you are for best skin care. Now I’ll go on and talk about some other important things you should know.

I’m sure there is no need to say what a water resistant sunscreen is. But I want to call your attention upon another thing — how long you can stay in the water without reapplying the water resistant sunscreen. Make a note to remember — it’s 40 minutes. After spending 40 minutes in the water come out of it, towel yourself and apply the sunscreen again.

There are sunscreens that can be reapplied every 80 minutes, but basically after 40 minutes your sunscreen will start working “weaker.” Besides, let’s not forget that even if we apply the best waterproof sunscreen that can be found on the market it still won’t change the general truth that says “no sunscreen is completely waterproof.” So make a rule for you to apply a waterproof sunscreen every 40 minutes.

Sun Exposure: Dangers And FactsI am a person who doesn’t think that best skin care supposes following all skin beauty tips and applying all beauty care products (no matter good or bad), And sunscreens are not an exception. So I thought a good alternative to the sunscreens would be a large beach umbrella. However, I was mistaken. All that those large umbrellas do is that they provide a good shade and nothing else and perhaps very little protection from UV rays.

Remember that the UV rays are able to penetrate through the umbrella too, so they cause radiation, It means you should go for the umbrellas to lie or sit in the shade, and by all means apply an SPF 15 sunscreen.

I’m a dark skinned person and another wrong idea I had about me was that if I am dark skinned, then I don’t need to apply sunscreens. If you are also dark skinned and think the way I used to, then just change your way of thinking. It’s undeniable that darker skin has more natural protection from the sun, but more doesn’t mean complete. So for their best skin care dark skinned people should also apply sunscreens to protect from skin cancer and sun damage.

Sun Exposure: Dangers And FactsWhen I was a school-girl my parents used to advise me to always wear dark colors in summer, particularly under the sun. As they said, dark colors protect from the sun better than light colors. I was a person who did her best to stand out with her unique style and bright colored clothes. And I always returned home with a burned face and skin. They were absolutely right, because the UV rays easily pass through light-colored fabrics. So in reality the safest summer colors are dark blue and black. Orange and red are a good option too.

In this regard I want to ask you, “Have you ever heard about UPF?” It stands for UV protection factor. It’s a rating which, when labeled on clothes, shows that the particular piece of clothing is made for sun protection.

Which sunglasses are better for the summer — dark or light-colored ones? When you don’t know anything about the UV rays and their “penetration skills,” the answer seems obvious –- dark colored sunglasses. However, dark sunglasses are as effective as the light-colored ones. So when trying to protect yourself from the sun, you shouldn’t pay attention to the color of the sunglasses. Instead look for labels on them. Yes, don’t be surprised. I mean labels that read “Meets ANSI UV Requirements” or “UV absorption up to 400nm.” If your sunglasses have those labels, it means they will block 99 percent of the UV rays.

Sun Exposure: Dangers And FactsYou can ask me, “But do I really need those sunglasses?” I say “yes.” The eyelid area once exposed to the sun can cause skin cancer, cataract, macular degeneration and eye cancer.

Now that I shared my information with you let’s hurry to the bedroom, get our best swimwear and go to the beach where we’ll get the most beautiful tan that won’t have any bad effects on our health. Just don’t forget to take the sunscreen, one of the most essential beauty care products you’ll need there.

Photo © zimbio, zimbio1

Related posts:

Pick The Right SunscreenGoing To The Beach? Hold On!MD Skincare New Sun Care Products

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment